The Blue Nib Manuscript Submission Guidelines
Thank you for considering sending your manuscript to The Blue Nib. We are committed to new and developing talent, and encourage any aspiring authors to send their writing in to us but our preference is to publish those who have already proven their credentials on our other platforms. See guidelines here
However, we will accept unsolicited manuscripts but please note:
- We publish mainly poetry, short stories & literary fiction. We generally do not publish academic works.
- Due to the high level of submissions The Blue Nib is not in a position to offer critiques of any unsolicited manuscripts we receive.
- Should your submission be 1000 words or less then you may submit your work in its entirety. Please number all the pages of your submission appropriately. For anything in excess of this length a synopsis and 2 or 3 sample chapters is more than adequate.
- We will only accept submissions via email at [email protected]
- Place the words MS Submission in the subject line of your email.
- Allow 12/14 weeks turnaround response time. As the number of unsolicited manuscripts requiring review by our editorial team is high, please be patient.
- Submission assumes The Blue Nib is granted first publication rights to work